Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 1, Calcutta, India

The trip over consisted of 10 hours of airport layovers, and 20 hours of actual flying time. 30 hours. Its a long trip at 600 mph for 20 hours. But in the 1930's it took 6 to 7 weeks, so a day and a half is not bad!.
AND here I am in Calcutta, India, a city of over 15 million people, and a country of over a billion.

I got a little anxious when I landed at one in the morning, and began to think about my one contact. That contact was via email from a hotel whose most expensive room is $16.00 and they are to pick me up here, at 1 a.m., for $8.00. I began to wonder if maybe I should have aimed higher up the economic scale..... But as I walked out of the airport, to the waiting masses, there was a man with a sign that read - JOHNNY RAY. Man - what a relief! .The PLAN had worked. The world looked brighter! I was taken to the hotel(centrally located in downtown Calcutta) and settled into my delux (the best they had) hotel room.
I HAD MADE IT - I WAS IN INDIA

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Hayes said...

You made it!!! LOVE this blog. it's going to be fun traveling with you through India!!
Love you,
Hayes

March 20, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger ~Hayes said...

You made it! LOVE this blogging! It's going to be fun traveling through India with you.
Love you,
Hayes

March 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home