Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 1 part two - Calcutta

After a half nites rest - I was ready to see the town. I headed out of the hotel to a nearby restaurant for breakfast.
My first impression of Calcutta was the great number of people that lived - (sleeping, cooking, bathing) on the streets, sidewalks and by ways. In all my travels, I have never seen so many street people.
Then a possible problem! I went to get money from an ATM and it would not work for me. I went to four other ATM's and all the same. Trying to stay calm (and thinking this is going to be a long two months with no money)- I went to internet cafe and wrote Anna to check with the bank, and to get me American Expresses address in Calcutta.
Then feeling kinda jet lagged out, I cashed one of my emergency hundred dollar bills, went and got a good plate of fried rice for $1.25 and a bottle of water and went to my new hotel room. Now priced at a more sustainable price of $5.80 per night.
A good night sleep is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home