Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 6, Kathmandu, Nepal

I started this blog this morning when I thought I was leaving Kathmandu and headed for the countryside.

As it turns out - this is sort of the political season in Nepal, and they frequently have political rallies that literally shut down the country.

The rallies clog up all major roads (there is only one East West highway and two north south), and the buses stop. So, after having checked out of this hotel and going to the bus station , I am now back in my same hotel room.

In the morning we will try to leave on the 6 a.m. bus.


When I do finally leave, I may be out of touch for up to five days , unless the ole internet has found its way into rural Nepal, which with generators and satellite disk, the villages may be connected to the world.

Here are a few pictures from Kathmandu.

One of a slightly polluted river in the middle of town (that is trash floating in river , not rocks). The next typical street scene is a neighborhood (dirt road - dusty).

Then there is me trying to get up the steps to some sort of temple. (They all seem to be way-way-way up a set of long, long steps).

Okay, pretty dull day - washed my clothes this afternoon after returning to hotel. Nice day - now, to get ready for travel tomorrow.
All for now from Kathmandu
Johnny

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Hayes said...

So this is the famous Kathmandu! Not really what I was imagining. Love reading the blog, and seeing pictures!!

April 8, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home