Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sat. pm drama continues

This afternoon I discovered that I had left my little gizmo thing that allows me to get photos from my SD card to the computer.

At the train station, the information counter person told me where I needed to go for electronics, and that to get there take bus 113. I found bus 113, asked about the mall/store/place and got a friendly nod, so I got on and we took off.... paid 7 cents, (I like this place) 45 minutres later, and a great site seeing trip, I began to think I had been kidnapped!

But how could that be? - it was my trip, and last I heard you can't kidnap yourself, so I settled down a little!

After 55 minutes, they told me I was there and to get off. I did. I was there. It was an electronic multi-story mall. Very large, a lot of stuff, but all more expensive than in the US. I found my little gizmo, paid $3.00 for it and headed for the food court. I bought a pork stick for 35 cents, but decided to wait till I got back to my neighborhood to eat dinner.

A taxi would cost about $3.00 to get back, but a TUT TOO driver found me, and offered to take me to the train station for $3.50. I told him, 'no thanks', I would take the bus for 7 cents. (I really was not going to take the bus). He then told me that if I would go with him to a clothing store and go in and look around, he would get paid, and he would take me to the train station for $1.10. Having plenty of time I agreed. He was a nice guy. He took me to a tailor shop - pretty fancy - that made suits and shirts to order. I talked to salesman about shirts, said thank you, got his card, and left. ( shirts were $10.00 each to sew, and fabric was about $30 - or 6 shirts for about $35 each) Back in the TUT TOO we headed to the train station and, now, for dinner and wait till about 9:30 to get on my train. I'll be there at 9.

from BKK.

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home