Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feb 3, 2010 - Bangkok to Moultrie

Monday night in Bangkok I left my hotel at 1:00 a.m., walked across to the railroad station and hailed a taxi to take me to the airport. Taxi at this time of night don't use their meters. My trip in from the airport a month ago cost me 375 baht plus 45 baht for traveling on the express way - a toll road. I had asked earlier about price to airport at night and had been told about 400 baht.
so - before I got into the taxi I had hailed, I asked how many baht to the airport. The answer, in good English was 400 baht! BINGO -- I felt good about the charge and threw my bag in and said let's go, Tonto!

Now the airport in Bangkok is BeautiFUL! and humongous - wow!!! what a place! You gotta see it to believe it. I got there early - had a pleasant 3-hour wait, and got checked in with aisle seats all the way to Atlanta. Anna had called Delta and gotten them for me. I had been unable to get seat assignments for the return trip before I left.

My first flight was a 5-1/2 hour flight to Tokyo, Japan, with a airplane change there. I only had less than an hour, and it took almost that long to get from plane to plane. The flight out of Tokyo was 11-1/2 hours to Detroit. Now folks, that's a long plane trip. On the flight we had dinner, and let me tell you - it was very good. My compliments to the chef that prepared that meal. Then I took a little nap, then woke up, read a little, then worked on my Sudoku puzzle, then looked at my watch -- only eight more hours!! Good grief !!! I fell in and out of consciousness for the next 7 hours, until breakfast was served an hour before we arrived in Detroit.

In Detroit, I had just enough time to grab a hamburger before boarding the flight to Atlanta.

One thing about traveling back from Thailand is you don't need to change your watch. I left Bangkok at 5:40 a.m. Feb 2nd, and I arrived in Atlanta at 4:30 p.m. Feb 2nd --but not 11 hours later, but rather 25 hours later., but the same day! My watch was correct with Atlanta time, but my date/day hicky thing was a day ahead.

That kind of travel does wonders for your body clock, and makes it difficult to know when to take medicines that you normally take once a day!!!

I tried to pull my pictures up, here at home on my computer, and the pictures are in the camera, and I can see them in the camera, but I can't get them to show up on my computer!!! very frustrating and disappointing. I guess it's just very dangerous to expose my SD card to a computer in the Internet sites overseas!! , I will be able to find someone who can retrieve my photos not only from Laos, Thailand, but, also, Mali and India and Nepal!

So ... I guess that's it. I'm home. I'm happy. I leave for Honduras in a week.

See on the next journey - stay in touch.
Johnny

1 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad Hassan said...

Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Travel Sudoku

December 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home