Friday, February 12, 2010

We're off for honduras! Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010

This is a travel log of Johnny Ray and Tim Martin and their trip via Tim's GMC Yukon, from Thomasville, Georgia to La Esperansa, Honduras. Tim is moving there and Johnny has made the trip several times before. Here is the log of their trip.

I got up at 4 this morning in order to meet Tim Martin in Thomasville at 5, our designated departure time.
Both Tim and I got there at five - Anna went to drive our car back - Bless Anna!

So we took off, and I was going over the papers we needed , copies of everything - Title, drivers license, tag receipt, passport, plus all original documents. TITLE ! We could not find it - Tim called home, Lynn could not find it - so we searched car again, no title. We headed back to Tim's house, and I tell you the man lives from here to there back in the woods!!! Finally, at his home Tim and Lynn searched, while I sat at the kitchen table and drank coffee. What could I do?

While I was sitting there I noticed, we had all noticed several times, the title to their Isuzu. I suggested maybe the Yukon's title was in the Isuzu. When I said it - I saw a Light go in in Tim''s head. He asked Lynn to check the front seat of the Isuzu and the folder between the seats. She did, it was there!! We were off! Only one hour off schedule on a 7-day trip..... not bad.

After that we had an uneventful, thank the Lord, day. We arrived in Houston at 5 in the afternoon, just in time to experience the rush hour traffic, and to be thankful that we live in a small town!

After Houston we drove on another hour to Wharton Texas, found a nice motel - Country Hearth - for $69.00 and talked the price all the way down to $62.00! Hunger took over the negotiations and search for another room.

After a good dinner in a local restaurant, we hit the sack at 9.00 PM. A long day - from 4 til 9, 17 hours. But we were on the way, having a good time, and enjoying the travel.
All for Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home