Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 8,9,10 photos of Bandipur










Well I finally made it out of Bandipur, and am in a nice - fast- internet cafe in Pokhara , Nepal.

Here are some pictures from Bandipur.
The first is not my jeep! Just a typical jeep trip for the people that live here.

The second is the jeep that I took to Bandipur. By the time we left there were 16 adults on the back and 6 in the front.

Third picture is of my hotel in Bandipur. This is a small village but the architecture is that of a very old town, with very little changes made over the years.

Then a street scene, then front door to my hotel, and more street scenes.

At my hotel, "the Bandipur Guesthouse" I got a room with an attached toilet and lavatory for 250 Nepal Rupees... $3.10 per night. My room was the only one with a toilet. The Europeans I was with didn't want to pay that much, therefore, I was able to get it, but they ended up staying upstairs for the same price, and the toilet was down and out back of hotel.

The day we were to leave Bandipur, there was another strike, and the highway to Pokhara was closed. So, at $3.00 a day, plus good restaurants, and a lot of scenery, it wasn't to bad of a place to HAVE to stay!

So that was my stay in Bandipur , a really nice place.
Johnny

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Hayes said...

It's clean! Not kept up, but clean! Looks very neat, glad you got to stay longer.

April 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home