Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 24, 2009 - chit chat from Delhi

Here in India, with the largest train system in the world, the terminals can get pretty busy and really full of
A LOT OF people. ... But one good thing is, it's not hard to find a place to sit. You just sit on the floor! It is a HARD seat - but there is always at least one more place, especially if people scrunch up a little!!


In the past few weeks of close observation of interior decor detail ....... I have realized that if I wanted to stay in India and work, I feel very confident that I could work as a very skilled interior house/hotel room painter. The pictures here are of my hotel in Delhi, the capital of India -The 'YES SIR' HOTEL, not some little podunk village.

And it wasn't just that construction and painting is just not yet complete, this is OLD paint. And I might add, the prevalent standard of quality.

But actually, I don't think I want to be a painter here.

Before I left home, Anna told me to keep clean shaven and not to look like "one of those old hobo type men". Well, between not having a mirror in my hotel room, not having light enough in my bathroom, or having a mirror that had just about reflected its last "reflect" , plus without me not seeing real good, I was having a problem keeping away from the old hobo look.

UNTIL I decided to try the barber with the straight razor. Oh man, this is a cool way to shave. It cost about 55 cents, and I have never been better shaved!! I think this is one thing I will miss when I get back to the states.

I leave Delhi today for Jaisalmer, in the desert. I did not even know there was a desert in India til this trip. So tomorrow I'll let you know.
From Delhi
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home