Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 27, Jaisalmer, India

























































Here are a few pictues from desert.
















































This city is built of sandstone. It is a city of humongous houses (palaces) that have sculptured facades that are very detailed and beautiful. And they are very old - like 500 to 800 years old!









I decided against going on the overnight trip to the desert, and just opted to go visit some villages and ancient temples out in the desert and return to my hotel with the cooler for the night. I've had the "sleep in the desert" experience many times in Morocco, and from the looks of the dunes - it was the same. The food would have been different - but that's a bad thing in my book, so no desert experience for me.










Out in the desert there were abandoned forts/temples/palaces that were 800 and 900 years old, like parts of this town. The buildings were all well preserved and elaborately engraved. Then we stopped at a few villages. I was only able to walk around and look, as no one spoke English. I will say this about the villages - and I know it is home to these people, .... BUT ... I sure am glad I live in Moultrie!!!!! Wow, what a place!








Internet , electric failures, old computers , funky keyboard and mouse - quitting for now.

Johnny

1 Comments:

Blogger samsanddunesdesertsafaricamps said...

This post is really awesome. Genuinely i like this blog. It gives me more useful information. I hope you share lots of things with us .desert safari jaisalmer package

February 3, 2021 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home