Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, Jodhpu, India






















first pictures are of my hotel in Jodhpur.






I took a day bus from Jaisalmer to Jodhur this morning. It was a sleeper bus. I had wondered what they did with sleeper buses during the day time. Now I know. They sell tickets for the chairs on the floor, and then they stop and pick up everybody that wants a ride. They either sit on the floor, or crawl up into the sleeping berths. They can get a lot of people in one of these buses!! ...... At times it was packed, aisle and berths, but I had my private little seat and for me it was okay. BUT ... the heat. I had made sure that I got a seat where I controlled the window. I like that air flow.







Well, this time however, the "air flow" felt like it came from a propane heater about a foot from my head!! I have never felt such hot natural air. I would ocassionally open the window about an inch, so the hot air would evaporate my sweat, but then I would quickly close it again. HOT.






I bought some of the fry stuff, again, hoping it was fried okra - it wasn't - it's fried bread with a few green peppers or something in them . Filling - but not tasty. Everything here to eat seems to be fried bread, or noodles or rice, or variations of those three items.






The sign - NO Boundation - just seemed like a good word for something!














Here are some photos - including my hotel room in Jodhpur. It does not have an evaporative cooler or air conditioning, but it is on the ground floor, with no direct sun, and with the windows closed, it seems cool enough. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

Its 113 degrees in Jodhpu!! 85 is the high here-I'll quit complaining.

April 29, 2009 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

I think when I get to Bombay, I will get a room with an AC. I did not realize it was that HOT here, but I thought it was pretty warm!!
Thanks for ingo.
How did you find out temp?
Johnny

April 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

Wikipedia, on the internet. Knows all.

May 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home