Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 30, 2009 Jodhpur, India

The first pic is of a "MAHAL" (like in Taj Mahal) which is a tomb. This one was built by a queen for her dead hubby. Some of the marble that make up the walls is translucent, which therefore makes this a even more "special place" ....so the brochure says.

Jodphur is known as the blue city, and, hopefully, you can tell that many of the houses are painted blue.

Then there is the Palace/Fort. They seem to get bigger each time I visit one! This is the biggest I've seen, and the best. They provided a tape player to listen to a guide tell about everything as you toured the place. It was very well done, my hats off to these people on having a really nice facility.

There was a restaurant also, that was cool, clean, had soap and towels at a lavatory that you could wash your hands (don't take that for granted at home). So I had a vegetable sandwich (okay - but not a subway), a bottle of water and rested for an hour , before taking off again with a couple from Australia to visit the Mahal in the first picture.

Bob Hodges let me know that it was 114 degrees here in Jodhpur yesterday! I kinda suspected it was pretty hot !!!!! .... and I decided last nite in my un-air conditioned room, that when I get to Bombay - I'm going for an AC.


I have a 3 o'clock train out of here today, and it's a 3AC. That means it's
3rd class.... BUT with AC. I haven't ridden this class yet.




















Here are a few street scenes from around Jodhphur. This is the central market and also part of the new town.
Pictures show women shopping for dresses, having a tea break, and shopping for shoes.
Ladies - wanta join'em?

Then there are always the COWS. They are literally everywhere. Here are a few shots of them.
Then one closing photo of sign on how to get to Yogis (my hotel).














































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home