Monday, May 11, 2009

May 11, 2009 - Mamallapuram, India



You know, when you're just kinda "travelin" you never really know what's next.
Now I liked Pudecherry, BUT this place suites me a lot more. It is kinda a beachcomber little village with about 12,000 people which in India isn't even a bump in the road.
As a matter of fact the bus I was on , basically slowed down for me to jump off. No - it actually did stop, but they had me in the door ready to step out when that stop moment came.
But there on the side of the highway was a good old auto-taxi ready to take me to town about a mile away.
It takes about 15 minutes walking with no backpack to be half wet with sweat - with a back
pack I last about 5 minutes and then am wet almost all over my shirt. SOOOOOoooooooo ... here in Mamallapuram I went shopping and bought me a three dollar shirt. Since I'm a tourist - I'm gonna
feel like one!
I'll send pictures tomorrow of what makes this town famous (its about 2,000 years old).
I will stay here til the 14th I think.. The 13th is election day and everything stops, so I think this
is a good place to be, since it's almost stopped all the time anyway!!
okay - til tomorrow - check in and see what this place has.
Johnny the "touRista"
PS: from yesterday's blog Bill McLean wrote and asked what about the
motorbike photo- was it on a sky hook or what.
Sorry I did not comment on it yesterday - but it was just a guy carrying his bike with him on a bus trip. He is just hoisting up to the man on top. Just interesting I thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

I expect you may be sending a pic or two of the Shore Temple, as its the second most photographed place in India behind the Taj. Chennal is up the street from you and has 8 million folks so enjoy Mamallapuram while you can.Blessings

May 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger ~Hayes said...

Love the picture of you! You look like you are really enjoying it. Glad you got stuck there for an extra day.

May 11, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Emilee Connell said...

You may have previously mentioned this but what is the time difference between India and the States?

Oh and I love your blog, Mr.Johnny--so much fun!

May 11, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home