Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009, Mamallapuram,Indis - Day 3





Well, this has been a long visit in Mamallapurah, but today I'm here because of election day - and I did not want to be in a large city , Chennai.
I will leave in the morning by local bus... a one hour trip that will probably take 2 hours on a local. Actually, it's less than 40 miles, but this is India.

Once again my pictures are out of wack! The first picture - just skip it and come back after the last photo. thanks.

The photos are taken from the beach - one facing to the right,




the beach and temple, the other to the left , the beach and the town of Mamallapurah.
By the way - it is pronounced - MAM alla purah, not like I have a tendency to say - Mama la purah!


The last picture is of a hand carved, one-piece stone sign that is the gateway to a large beach hotel here.
It's difficult to see, but the word restaurant is spelt "restaurEnt".

I guess it's a little difficult to correct misspellings on 10-foot long stone signs. But, in actuality, probably only the Englishmen, Americans and Canadians , and Aussies would ever notice.

This travelin' time is about over. Tomorrow I will be in transit from here to train station in Chennai, and then on a train (first class) for 36 hours. It makes 36 stops for 2 minutes to 10 minutes.
So if I do not find a internet in Chennai tomorrow I will be offline until May 16th, Saturday.
Okay for now,
Johnny

3 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

So how far will you go on a 36 hour train trip-maybe Kolkata? The pics are great!

May 13, 2009 at 6:40 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

I just realized Kolkata is Calcutta-where you started this journey back in March-am I right?

May 13, 2009 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Hey,
No - I went to Delhi.
but by now its on the blog!

May 16, 2009 at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home