Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Travel to Mopti

Monday afternoon I started feeling a little queasy in my stomach and ended up with a very upset stomach for the rest of the day. By evening I was feeling better and decided with the help of Imodium, I could travel on Tuesday.

Tuesday I felt great, and left hotel in a taxi to bus terminal. I bought a ticket to Mopti, 10 hours away and the bus left on time, no surprises. It was a closed window bus, it used to have AC, but on this trip the driver kept the front and side door open the entire trip, and it was a very pleasant, though long trip.

The countryside to Mopti was as flat as I have ever seen, and the houses were all brown mud, and most everything else was the same color except for the trees. There were plenty of scrub oak size trees, but they were very pretty. There was a lot of desolate land in between villages. This country is not over populated.

In Mopti I am staying in a hotel that its name in English is - not a problem. It is a large hotel, and it has roof top sleeping! So I am staying on the roof top. I have a thin mattress, pillow, and mosquito net. Bathrooms are one floor down. It is great - cool and breezy. This morning it was 75 degrees.

Today I will look for information about traveling up river from here to Timbuktu. Then I will travel around this area to see the sites.

I am not having any luck with computers and photographs. This computer looks like a 1998 model, the keys stick, the mouse jumps around, and it is a French keyboard. I can change the keyboard to English, but then I can not remember where all the letters are! At least with a French keyboard I can find the letters!

hope to get pictures next time;
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home