Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009 - Moultrie, Ga - HOME !!!!!

GREEN ............... CLEAN !
Folks, I got to tell ya, this place is beautiful!!! Wonderful !!! Thank you, Lord !!!

Anna and my two daughters, Anna Ashley and Hayes, picked me up at the airport Monday about 5 o'clock. OUUUUUU , it was nice being with family and back in the USA.

Big disappointment, however, in the photo s ..... I have no photos on my SD disk!!! I was hoping it was just the computers in India, but I guess the computers there just sucked my photos up and kept them!! I'll try to find a computer "AX-PERT" to see if they can help.
The GOOD news - no one has to worry about looking at all my pictures, and I don't have to worry about what to do with them after the first couple of weeks of returning.
.... If you had wanted to see what I SAW , you should have come with me !
I saw it, I got it in my heart - my mind. Been there --- DONE THAT.

Here is the travel portion of coming home.
Since I had no hotel room in Delhi that was the kind place I liked to hang out in (hot, ugly) - I went and ate a nice supper at an Israeli restaurant, had grilled chicken and sliced baked potatoes with cheese on them - REAL food, I mean to tell you.

Then back to the hotel - a cold shower in the shower down the hall. I took the pillowcase off the pillow in the room to use as a towel (didn't want my towel to be packed - wet.. and for $3.00 a night, you do not get towel!)

So then I got my pack, walked down the street to a hotel that would get me a taxi for 300 rupees to the airport. (I still had not put on my freshly laundered
shirt. That would happen at the airport - just before checking my bag)

Upon arriving at the hotel the travel man told me to have a seat in the lobby (it was a LOT nicer than my hotel), and the taxi would be there in 15 minutes. I was in no hurry - I had 7 hours before departure! I was just looking for a better hangout place. The lobby was cool as in comfortable (not cool as in decor), it had overhead fans, a daily English paper, and I had a bottle of water so I was fine. Time on my hands.

Good thing I was not in a hurry. In an hour he came back and asked what time my plane left, I asked him what time the taxi was coming. ... Well ... there seemed to be a problem with the Police allowing Taxis onto Main Bazaar Road due to either too much traffic (which I think is impossible in India - to have too much of anything) or due to a political celebration.

He suggested that I just walk down to the train station and get a taxi from there. About a 10 -12 minute walk. So I did, and by the time I got a taxi - Hot, no AC - my shirt was soaking wet with sweat so I was glad I had waited on putting on my international travel shirt!

The taxi took 50 minutes to the airport - thru solid traffic, bumpy roads, and the driver was driving like he was in bumper cars. We went through what appeared to be nice neighborhoods, the kind I had not seen before, but it was late evening, and it was hard to see them clearly for the coming darkness, the garbage smoke, and the diesel fumes that had settled over the roads!

The airport was nice - I had made a good decision to come and wait there instead of at my Hotel! After about an hour my shirt had dried enough, and I had cooled off enough to go the men's room and make the final change. A nice fresh shirt, a little deodorant, a wet paper towel
wipe down, and I was set.

My flight left about 2:30 in the morning from Delhi, we arrived in Frankfurt Germany at 7:30 in the morning, .... but over 8 hours had passed, it was about 11 o'clock my India time.
I then waited in Frankfurt until noon Frankfurt time, and we left about 12:30. By now I don't know how long I had been awake (I estimate about 30 hours)- I arrived in Atlanta about 9-1/2 hours later, but it was only 4:30 p.m. I had gotten up the previous morning, Sunday at 6 a.m. - 10 hours ahead of Atlanta. It was now 4:30 p.m. Monday afternoon in Atlanta, and we did not get to Moultrie until about 10 p.m. ---
so for you math students here is a question :
HOW LONG WAS JOHNNY'S DAY, from Sunday morning at 6 a.m. in Delhi, India, UNTIL 10 p.m. Monday night in Moultrie, Georgia.

Send me the answer please. ... yesterday lasted a LONG time, but heading home it's never a problem!


As they said in the movie that I saw half of - "Outsourcing" -
INDIA stands for
"I'm Not Doing It Again"! -- BUT I must say it was a great trip - glad I went - glad I saw all that stuff - glad I met all the folks along the way - and glad I had such a powerful and strong experience. Now even more than ever - I enjoy this place!


This morning, again, was wonderful! The coffee was hot- fresh-- brewed (not Nescafe instant - which I have enjoyed every morning - but it doesn't take the place of home brewed coffee. Man, that is good and long ago in my memory! ) Then outdoors to get the paper - the world is green - it is fresh, the street is clean, there is not the smell of burning garbage or sewer gases in the air.

Of course, now, I do have to shave myself and get used to a shower that does not have a toilet in it. (for those of you who don't understand that - in every hotel I stayed in the shower, toilet and lavatory were together - no divider for the shower or toilet, just one room ), but I think I will have no trouble adjusting!

I'm gonna miss not telling y'all about my daily travails, and again am disappointed in not having a few remaining photos. Hey -- but SE LA VIE! it is life.
---- home for awhile---
Johnny

1 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

My calculations come to 25.5 hours. Pretty long day.

May 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home